Saturday, November 29, 2014

Our visit to Sharadamba Temple in Pennsylvania



By the time we reached back from Dallas to New Jersey it was 6:40 pm at Philadelphia airport, and it took an hour to reach my daughter's house. Immediately on reaching we were told that we are supposed to travel 75 miles next day early in the morning, to SHARADAAMBA TEMPLE  at Stroutsberg. On hearing this my wife jumped in happiness readily agreed to travel early in the morning,however difficult or inconvenient it is, as of late, she has developed this, habit of visiting temples and performing TEERTHA YATRAS as per convenience. Here I must share one truth to my FB friends,back ground of the present temple visit, before we went to DALLAS ,my daughter's friend, a kannadiga lady who has lot of faith in this Goddess, took us to the temple  and to my utter surprise, I found it is an excellent,beautiful well managed and we'll maintained directly under the supervision of His holiness Sri Shankaracharya of Sringeri mutt. Excellent food arrangements are there for the devotees who come from far off places.

When we were having lunch, luckily the chairman of temple sri Yagna Subramayaian, came, when we got introduced, he asked my daughter as to what she does etc and she told him that she is in search of a suitable job, for which he said you pray the Goddess and you will get it soon. Now within one month she got a good job. therefore she has organized the visit.

Here again I would like to share few more details about the temple. As I mentioned it in is in stroutsberg, just after Delaware, in sprawling 35 acres, established by a trust under Sringeri Shankaracharya peetham, such trust being first of its kind outside India. In scenic lush green Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania at Stroudsburg while pratisthapanam was done in year 1995, it is committed to foster our sanatana dharma among global communities in general  and in the US in particular.

I am happy to note and find now a days with the advent of media the awareness on Bhakti has increased in India among us and it can be seen in every temple of repute, and in Tirumala it is next to impossible to have just a glimpse of the lord, and I have seen in US in every place there are temples and you find all sorts of sevas, Archanas, people are involved and it is good to see that things are nicely and systematically organized.